Thanksgiving is just days away, and we treat it as the traditional holiday that it is, the food, the family, the works! But do we really appreciate the value of what we have, and are we truly grateful for every opportunity that we are given? Life is a blessing, and the people who we surround ourselves with, become the key people that make us the people that we are.
Thanksgiving is about loving the people in your life, who matter most, acceptance of the love and spirit that we have created in life. Showing gratitude has significantly impacts our moods, awareness, and actions.
The top 10 things I am eternally grateful for:
1. My life even with all of the ups and downs
2. My children- continue to teach me the true meaning of love!
3. A good cup of coffee- (preferably from McDonald's)
4. Food- Do you ever realize? How great it is to go to the fridge, and fix whatever meal you want
5. A new sense of self- Within the past 2 years, I feel like I have re-invented myself
6. Peace- We all need a good place to be one with ourself
7. Life- is what you make it
8. Writing- Self expression, bringing words to life is simply priceless
9. Benevolence- The desire to help others, be it through work, or volunteer efforts
10. Social Media- I love my friends, on facebook and twitter, they keep me informed, with timely stories, spirited humor, and listen to my thoughts.