I am always so amazed at how much negativity exists in our everyday lives, it can often be hard to keep a positive outlook for ourselves and our future. There are some very important steps that you can take to elevate your levels of happiness. I would be kidding you if I told you, everyday of your life you will always be happy, I wish that were true. There are those few people that are always in a great mood, I try really hard to stay in a great mood all of the time. But when I feel that I am not at my peak levels of happiness, I do a self-check with myself to see what it is that I can do to make myself feel happier.
Is it an immediate fix? No... it takes some time to know what triggers you to be in a good state of mind. I believe that if most people remain as happy and positive as possible it will definitely help you live longer and enjoy your life a lot more. If it's something you can fix immediately, then fix it right away, being unhappy affects you in every sense of the word. There is always fear in not living up to your full potential. We were all put on this earth to serve a purpose.
What is that purpose? What are the fears? What are the consequences? What can I do differently? These questions should stay at the forefront of your mind, there are times you have to look deep inside yourself and figure out who you want to be in life, what steps are you willing to take to get you there and of course face your fears.
Staying positive in a negative world, is really an obstacle that we all face, we are inundated with bad or sad stories that affect us in every aspect of our lives. If it's not the economy, it's something challenging in our own lives. Finding the strength in the obstacles that we face can be very difficult, but aren't these the things that make us stronger?
Use these tips to help keep yourself positive in a negative world.
1. Smile... Why? Smiles often diffuse any situation
2. Be nice to people... Why? Because it makes you feel good
3. Try something new... Why? Because you'll never know until you try
4. Volunteer for a worthy cause... Why? Because promoting a worthwhile cause is a way to Pay-it-Forward
5. Have Fun... Why? Because if you don't, who will?
6. Don't easily get angry... Why? Because it will make you wrinkle too fast
7. Laugh... Why? Because having a really hearty laugh that makes you cry, is the best feeling ever!
8. Don't let things that have happened in the past stop the future... Why? It's important to always move forward
9. Be creative... Take an art class, dance class, or anything else you've wanted to do but put off... Why? Because life is too short not too enjoy every moment you get
10. Be supportive of others... Why? Because when someone else may need your help the most important thing you can do is to be there for them, it also helps you to support someone and hopefully give them great advice.
"To love one self is the beginning of a life-long romance". -Oscar Wilde